• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Free Phone Fridays at Best Buy

I know this is a "Free Phone Fridays at Best Buy" thread, but just letting you all know that if you have a Costco Membership they have a coupon coming out on Oct 14th to get $70 bucks off the SF, so it would only be $109.00. They also only charge tax (here in California anyway), on that amount not the full price. I bought mine there on Sept 25th and they said they would refund me the $70 bucks if I bring my original receipt in and the coupon. Sweet!! Just saying this could be an alternative instead of waiting for the BB deal. They also do not charge restocking fee if you change your mind and want to return phone (thats what they told me anyway).

Upvote 0
I know this is a "Free Phone Fridays at Best Buy" thread, but just letting you all know that if you have a Costco Membership they have a coupon coming out on Oct 14th to get $70 bucks off the SF, so it would only be $109.00. They also only charge tax (here in California anyway), on that amount not the full price. I bought mine there on Sept 25th and they said they would refund me the $70 bucks if I bring my original receipt in and the coupon. Sweet!! Just saying this could be an alternative instead of waiting for the BB deal. They also do not charge restocking fee if you change your mind and want to return phone (thats what they told me anyway).
does costco sell fascinate for $200 with 2 year contract price as well? Do they do upgrade and activation process in store or online? if so its gonna be $130. I wonder how it would be $109. o_O and also, how do you get that coupon? is it online or they send you a mail with coupon book?

Upvote 0
does costco sell fascinate for $200 with 2 year contract price as well? Do they do upgrade and activation process in store or online? if so its gonna be $130. I wonder how it would be $109. o_O and also, how do you get that coupon? is it online or they send you a mail with coupon book?

Yes I did an upgrade and signed a two year contract. The price was $179. Came to around $197 with tax. Yes they did the upgrade and activated the phone right then and there. Regarding the coupon book, they usual mail it to you. I got mine in the mail 2 days ago. They also have copies of the coupon book at their member desk, although they did not have any there yesterday. Probably not until Oct 14 when it starts. So when I get my $70 discount it will be I would have paid total $109. :D

Upvote 0
Yes I did an upgrade and signed a two year contract. The price was $179. Came to around $197 with tax. Yes they did the upgrade and activated the phone right then and there. Regarding the coupon book, they usual mail it to you. I got mine in the mail 2 days ago. They also have copies of the coupon book at their member desk, although they did not have any there yesterday. Probably not until Oct 14 when it starts. So when I get my $70 discount it will be I would have paid total $109. :D
Thx for more info. So, it should be $109 plus tax with $70 d/c coupon and I might be able to get it on their member desk at costco after oct. 14? How is costco's customer service for cell phones though? I heard amazon has kind and helpful customer service. You know many people had to return or exchange their Fascinate due to minor quirks. Wondering if Costco has smooth returning or exchanging process and customer service. o_O

I'm regreting about my laziness that I didn't go pick up Fascinate on Oct 1.... funny thing is I thought they will give out same phones for whole month. hahaha.. And somehow I can't get away from the thought that they might give out Fascinate one more time!! I'm so stuck....

Upvote 0
I think they are just clearing out inventory and trying to promote the idea of Best Buy as a mobile distributor at the same time. I have friends on T-Mobile and Sprint that where hoping a praying for the Epic, Evo or Vibrant with no joy.

That's what my friends with Sprint were hoping for if not those phones, at least make the Samsung Transform available because the intercept sucks. If they were going to repeat, at least repeat the Fascinate. haha:p

Upvote 0
Hey, guys another great deal from best buy this friday!

Drum roll, please….here are tomorrow's free phones:Verizon Wireless Samsung Fascinate in black sku 1200475, Sprint Sanyo Zio sku 1363136, AT&T BlackBerry Bold sku 9574221, and T-Mobile BlackBerry Bold skus white 9925757/black 9668754.

Been wanting a Fascinate and free sounds good with an added line, dang 2 year commitments. A Verizon store might match Best Buy's free phone deal, doesn't hurt to ask. May not be a bad time to lock in an unlimited data plan with the new tiered plans coming out this month just in case they grandfather the unlimited data packages the same way AT&T did with the Iphone.
Samsung's Fascinate Galaxy S phone on Verizon, BlackBerry's Bold 9700 on T-mobile and AT&T and Sprint's Sanyo Zio.

I just screamed like crazy. :D

Upvote 0
That figures - just picked up a Fascinate Monday at Costco - $141 out the door. Anyone have experience returning there? Any idea what the process would be to return it and pick one at BB?
Costco is the easiest place in the world to take something back. They literally take anything back at any time for any reason. If you just got it 3 days ago just return it. They probably wont even ask why, but if they do just say Im going in a different direction

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones