1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Freeing up phone space...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Chuck1906, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Chuck1906

Chuck1906 Android Enthusiast

If I clear the Cache on all my apps on my phone will that free up phone space? I am really get tired of getting the little icon telling me I am low on space everytime I download an App! Clear Cache is greyed out on just about all of my apps. If I select Clear Data, that sounds like it will wipe out all info I have stored within that app and I don't think I want to do that. I do have an app called Quick System Info that seems to be able to clear the caches of my apps with one press of the button but I haven't done it just yet.

I just cleared out about 450 text messages and the Low space icon went away. So I guess I will have to keep deleting my text threads every few days or so.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. takeshi

takeshi Android Expert

If cache is a significant portion of th used space. Don't forget that data for your apps also uses that space. It's frequently overlooked.

You don't have to clear data for your apps (it will wipe out info). Clean up the data for your apps (empty trash, etc).

3. Chuck1906

Well the annoying thing is that I can't tell what is eating up the space! I have almost all of my apps moved to my SD card. Another thing that is annoying is that everytime I download new apps from the market it tells me the space is low on the phone. So I am running out of ideas.

4. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

There's a great app called Cache Cleaner NG by L. Sartory that will nuke all caches at once. You can even set it up on a schedule. Highly recommended.

5. Danielson2047

Danielson2047 Android Enthusiast

+1 use it 2-3 times a day.

6. NiceGuysFinishLast

NiceGuysFinishLast Android Enthusiast

I also use NG Cachecleaner and am quite happy with it.

7. Chuck1906

Ok great!! I am going to give that a try!! Thanks a lot!!!

8. Chuck1906

my phone is not rooted, does that make a difference? In the market it says its a Minimalistic cleaner for rooted devices.

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews