• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Fresh 3.2 Available! Sept 3

Fresh 3.2 and [KERNEL] [2.6.32.15] [HAVS][BFS][BFQ][FPS][OC][UV] KiNgxKernel #8/#8 "Now it's Fixed"

2zrj1vk.jpg

setcpu on performance OC'd to 1190
fx5dmq.jpg

quadrant on performance
11kh5vr.jpg

setcpu on ondemand OC'd to 1190
vzdfz8.jpg

quadrant on ondemand
ivlule.jpg

setcpu profiles. all i do is change it from performance to ondemand on the main screen. i do not change these settings.
35mkyoj.jpg

Upvote 0
If I were to switch to Netarchy kernal and want to go back to the one that is the default to Fresh 3.2, how would I do that? I don't see the download for the kernal only.

Thanks.

do a nandroid w/o netarchy. then flash the netarchy kernal. then if you want to go back w/o the kernal, boot into recovery and nand restore!

Reactions: steelersmb
Upvote 0
i still cant get it. :( which RA? i just installed 1.8.

I flashed RA through Rom Manager, and i did these steps:
a. ##786#
b. menu --> reset
c. type MSL as password
d. automatically reboot to recovery
e. wipe cache/dalvik x2
f. reboot
g. Handfree activation will start automatically
h. check PRI, if it's 1.40_003, you are lucky man, otherwise, repeat from step a.

I did it about 30 times with clockwork and only once with ra, but i guess its still a little hit or miss

Reactions: v01rider
Upvote 0
Fresh 3.2 and [KERNEL] [2.6.32.15] [HAVS][BFS][BFQ][FPS][OC][UV] KiNgxKernel #8/#8 "Now it's Fixed"

2zrj1vk.jpg

fx5dmq.jpg

quadrant on performance
11kh5vr.jpg

vzdfz8.jpg

quadrant on ondemand
ivlule.jpg

setcpu profiles. all i do is change it from performance to ondemand on the main screen. i do not change these settings.
35mkyoj.jpg
Please disregard...I found it.

Upvote 0
I flashed RA through Rom Manager, and i did these steps:
a. ##786#
b. menu --> reset
c. type MSL as password
d. automatically reboot to recovery
e. wipe cache/dalvik x2
f. reboot
g. Handfree activation will start automatically
h. check PRI, if it's 1.40_003, you are lucky man, otherwise, repeat from step a.

I did it about 30 times with clockwork and only once with ra, but i guess its still a little hit or miss
For an easy way to find your MSL without having to ADB or call Sprint for it, grab MSL Reader from the market for free.

Upvote 0

2zrj1vk.jpg

fx5dmq.jpg

quadrant on performance
11kh5vr.jpg

vzdfz8.jpg

quadrant on ondemand
ivlule.jpg

35mkyoj.jpg

I just flashed this Kernal and have had several lockups. I wiped both cache's before flashing. Not sure what's going on but may have to go back to the stock.

Upvote 0
I'll try that and let you know. Right now I am restoring back to the stock. Just to confirm, when doing a Kernal update, I should just have to flash both Cache's and then flash the Kernal right? Do I don't need to do a wipe? I tried both methods and neither worked for me but if I want to test further I would like to do so without having to wipe the data each time.

Thank you for everyone's help.

Upvote 0
I'll try that and let you know. Right now I am restoring back to the stock. Just to confirm, when doing a Kernal update, I should just have to flash both Cache's and then flash the Kernal right? Do I don't need to do a wipe? I tried both methods and neither worked for me but if I want to test further I would like to do so without having to wipe the data each time.

Thank you for everyone's help.
In my experience, most often that is correct. But always read the first two posts in the dev's thread, they will tell you what you need to do.

Upvote 0
i did wipe 2x....and i re-installed 2 times.

i suppose i'll try once more.

when you wipe, it sets all screens back to nothing on them. you have to reinstall your apps from titanium or whatever backup app you used. this is different from the nanddroid. this fresh needed a wipe per fresh's recommendation. previous fresh versions just updated and left all the screens and apps alone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones