• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Fresh 3.3 w/ new ota out to doners

Didn't wipe anything and it installed just fine, but the strangest thing is when it came back on, no icons/widgets on my screen, they were all blank. Which is in a way good since my screens were too cluttered but putting them back in one by one is time consuming. And yeah I didn't do a backup.

Still 3g and 4g are faster, stronger and it seems smoother.

TS

+1 I get more bars now inside and my 3g speeds are alot faster!

Upvote 0
Didn't wipe anything and it installed just fine, but the strangest thing is when it came back on, no icons/widgets on my screen, they were all blank. Which is in a way good since my screens were too cluttered but putting them back in one by one is time consuming. And yeah I didn't do a backup.

Still 3g and 4g are faster, stronger and it seems smoother.

TS

My 3G data also seems faster but using apps which require the internet there seems to be a slight "lag" in initialzing the data transfer which I did not have before. I mostly notice this when browings webpages. I have data always on enabled.

Have you experiance anything similar?

Upvote 0
No I haven't, in fact I take back what i said earlier about losing my icons/widgets on the screens. i rebooted and bingo they all were there. So far no (new) issues that i can tell, video seems smoother, less lag and I'm quite happy with it.

One thing that i have noticed is that it takes a bit longer to boot up. I wonder if Fresh will do a Desire HD version with its super fast boot and new stuff.

TS

Upvote 0
Saw insane battery drain with the 3.3.0.1. Restored Nandroid and back on 3.2 with King 1.8 Kernel.

Was surprised to find that Nandroid does not restore radio. my radio and PRI did not go back to old version.

Not sure what was causing the drain. Guess i will stick with 3.2 and King 1.8. with overclocking get much better perf (1460 quadrant) compared to 3.3 (1100)

Upvote 0

TS
Were you coming from a rooted Froyo 2.2 or from a previous Fresh?

Upvote 0
Saw insane battery drain with the 3.3.0.1. Restored Nandroid and back on 3.2 with King 1.8 Kernel.

Was surprised to find that Nandroid does not restore radio. my radio and PRI did not go back to old version.

Not sure what was causing the drain. Guess i will stick with 3.2 and King 1.8. with overclocking get much better perf (1460 quadrant) compared to 3.3 (1100)

I'm at 24 hours right now with 58% battery left.

Upvote 0
anyone else experiencing significant battery drain? been using SetCPU and using the phone with medium usage within 2.5 hours i have 68% battery left.

Is there something i'm missing? I updated to the 2.15.00.09.01 and the wimax 26023_R01

is there something else I should update?

What kernel are you using? I am using Set Cpu, Netarchy 4.1.9.1 and average about 20hrs per charge

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones