• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

From Blackberry/WM/IPhone to Android

homotechual

Jul 30, 2009
Ok Crackberry, Winmo, and Apple fans, i'm sick of all the threads asking if they should get the Nexus 1. Hopefully this topic becomes a sticky, because I want you to relate with me. I'm a major phone whore, and worked at 3 out of the 4 major cell phone carriers. Currently working for the 3rd one, and let me tell you. I began with a Winmo streak, owning devices HTC Touch, Samsung Ominia, and the T-Mobile Shadow. I loved the touch because it was one of the first touch screens coming right after the Iphone.

The Omnia and the Shadow left me feeling much to be desired. The HTV Touch Diomond was suppose to win it over for me, but after playing with the device in the store it STILL lacked. The buttons were small, the touch screen was to SMALL. Who wants to use a stylus these days?!

I then owned the Iphone for 4 months, and though it was a huge jump from Winmo, and the screen on it is incredible, AT&T was not a network I wanted to on, after all the problems I was having. Also my phone glitched and my first instinct was to pull the battery, nope I couldn't do that. I didn't like that and switched over to the G1 which I loved except for the battery life. So I switched to the Blackberry Pearl Flip, then to the MyTouch, then to the 8900, then to Cliq, then back to the 8900, then back the Behold 2, then to the 9700, and finally to the Nexus.

As you can see, the 8900 was the BEST phone I have ever had in years, and impressed me greatly!!!!, I didn't think I couldn't ever leave that phone. But being a college student, the phone left me feeling like the Windows phones did after a while. BORING! Even with the recently Blackberry App World, it was so little. The Browser is POINTLESS, and the screen is just way to small. I did love the texting on it, and that was the only reason why I kept it.

The Nexus beats every phone I have ever had, on every level. In speed, texting, pictures, and software. Everytime Android has a update, it gets better and better. By 3.0 Android will be way ahead of IPhone 4.0.

So YES get the Nexus over the Blackberry, WinMo, and IPhone!!!!!! Any questions ask away.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones