• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Front Camera

Bubba1

Jun 5, 2010
On my Evo 3D, I can't figure out how to switch to the front camera. I searched the forum and can't find anyone else that seems to be experiencing the same problem.

Going by the user manual, I hit the button that it says to, but all it does is reverse the shot. The other button simply changes it to camcorder mode.

I have even tried Qik and the other person can only see what the back of my phone is pointing at. Any suggestions? is there something in the settings I have to enable? Or is it a defect in my phone??

And then you push it again, and you don't get the back camera??

Edit - when in camera mode, and you take a picture using FFC, it shows the mirror image in the quick view, but in gallery view, it's left-right corrected.

Edit edit - I get something's messed up, not arguing with you, just trying to get on common ground to understand, help if I can.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
And then you push it again, and you don't get the back camera??

Edit - when in camera mode, and you take a picture using FFC, it shows the mirror image in the quick view, but in gallery view, it's left-right corrected.

Edit edit - I get something's messed up, not arguing with you, just trying to get on common ground to understand, help if I can.

No I understand that you're trying to help :) The FFC has never come on, every image you see on the screen shows what the back camera sees.

When you hit that button on the screen (the one with the pic of the camera with the little arrows around it) all it does is (let me see if I can explain this) make a mirror image of what the back camera is looking at...you know, things that were on the right in the pic are now on the left?

I hope that makes sense lol

Upvote 0
On my Evo 3D, I can't figure out how to switch to the front camera. I searched the forum and can't find anyone else that seems to be experiencing the same problem.

Going by the user manual, I hit the button that it says to, but all it does is reverse the shot. The other button simply changes it to camcorder mode.

I have even tried Qik and the other person can only see what the back of my phone is pointing at. Any suggestions? is there something in the settings I have to enable? Or is it a defect in my phone??

open your camera app then look at your phone like if you going to call someone above the back arrow next to the search icon you will see a camera click that and you can snap pics of yourself yes there is a mirror app but thats not what you looking for

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones