• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Froyo 2.2 and Sirius Online Player

I have sirius working on my evo. I did not do anything special - just downloaded app and it works. It does not ahve all the stations that are on the car version. I am rooted with burnt droid rom.

Update - mine does loop - I guess I did not pay attention. I just updated this past weekend and had checked it but not listened long enough to see the problem.

Upvote 0
Well I was wrong - it does loop for me - sometimes it does not and sometimes it does. I will call and report it too. The tech guy I spoke to said to call back when new app is ready and ask for credit for time it was not working (this was after I complained that the reason I paid for the subscription was for use on phone - not computer).

Upvote 0
It's been a month since I last contacted Sirius XM to complain about this horsecrap, so I went googling again for any news. Found this:

Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:01 pm
I called Sirius cause the Sirius app was looping. He said the new 2.2 version is going to be out on. 10/18/10. Can you get the update anywhere else?

Droid Life Forum • View topic - Sirius xm 2.2 froyo app

October ****ing 18th? :mad: I'm going to call them myself today to confirm.

And Ilya, the consensus opinion/experience seems to be that removing and reinstalling on 2.2 fixes nothing.

Upvote 0
Here's an email that Sirius sent me this morning:

In response to your email, as of September 13, 2010 THE MOST RECENT ANDROID OS (2.2 "FROYO") IS SCHEDULED TO GO LIVE MONDAY NIGHT/TUESDAY MORNING AT MIDNIGHT/1:00 AM EST.

Version 1.1 of the SIRIUS XM Premium Online Android App is now available and fixes previous incompatibility with the most recent Android OS (2.2 "FROYO"). If you are experiencing difficulty on Android OS 2.2 "FROYO" please update your app to Version 1.1 by visiting www.siriusxm.com/android.

wat? Why's the site still say coming soon, then? Downloading now...

EDIT: Still v1.0.0. :mad::mad::mad: Christ, their support SUCKS.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones