• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Froyo Development

Has anyone had any feedback on the headphone issue I posted? Is it limited to my device? Anyone else manage to replicate it?

Afaik it's not just you with the headpone jack not working. People in IRC are also saying it doesn't work. Just don't know high it is on drellisdee's list to fix atm as he's probably working on another bug.

Upvote 0
For those with bad battery life: Are you using the hacked Gingerbread launcher? I've heard reports of this slaughtering a battery real quick.

I had horrible battery life with no extra apps or anything installed, just trying to see what 2.2 was about - 100% to dead in 4 hours, and then was dieing faster than it could charge.

Upvote 0
Well, my curiosity got the better of me last night, so I wiped my sdcard, copied the 2 files aosp15 and gapp to my card, wiped everything wipeable and flashed. Rebooted and worked flawlessly from the get-go as far as installing it. I've got everything reinstalled like I had in Raptor, and thus far everything seems to be working with a very few exceptions.

I've got the same issues as everyone else - haptic feedback doesn't work,keyboard does not light up, camera, sat gps and headset don't work. I also noticed that there are a couple of ALT-key combos that don't work - ALT-Q, ALT-Z, and ALT-B. Of those, I used ALT-B to generate ".com" but you can type that it, so no biggy.

Other than that, I've got to say this is the best ROM yet for the Ally. I'm running very stable at 806 with absolutely no FCs, KPs or reboots. If you can live with the aforementioned limitations, go ahead and give it a shot. You'll be glad you did.

Upvote 0
was trying to play psx4droid emu and it installed but, would not launch the game marvel vs capcom. i dont know if thats something that can be fixed.

Well at this point, it's very BETA, doesn't even have an official name, so I think they are working on general functionality before looking at any specific apps. That's why I didn't bother to post which ones I have found do not work. It will get there some time, I'm sure.

Upvote 0
I found a work-around for the keyboard backlight issue. Download "Backlight Off" from the market. You can use it to toggle the backlight off or on. Then set up a keyboard shortcut in Settings/Applications/Quick Launch, and you're good to go!

EDIT: 1 thing: remember to toggle it back off when you are done using the keyboard. Otherwise it stays on and could impact your battery life a bit

Upvote 0
I really wish I could help with this.... I just dont think I am savvy enough to do it.

What do you think are the odds that we will eventually get a Froyo Build up at 100% without any Flaws?

Sorry hope thats not a dumb question.:thinking:

Given the dedication put forth by those who are working on this project, I would expect it to continue to improve greatly. It's already very functional for day to day use.

Whether or not the .32 kernel makes it to this ROM is another story, but as far as it being able to run flawlessly at some point in the future...well, I wouldn't bet against it.

Upvote 0
Given the dedication put forth by those who are working on this project, I would expect it to continue to improve greatly. It's already very functional for day to day use.

Whether or not the .32 kernel makes it to this ROM is another story, but as far as it being able to run flawlessly at some point in the future...well, I wouldn't bet against it.
Yeah thats pretty much my oppinion as well. I was just wondering if others felt the same optimism.

Upvote 0
(For me, that is)

First off: Thank you very much drellisdee for your hard work on providing us with this ROM. The performance increase I have seen is incredible. I will be donating.

I was able to successfully send a picture from my Blackberry to my Ally using asop15 and stock messaging app. Also, standard stereo headphones using a two-ring 3.5mm plug do not work as others have stated however a stereo headset using a three-ring 3.5mm plug does appear to work. Hope this helps!

Upvote 0
(For me, that is)

First off: Thank you very much drellisdee for your hard work on providing us with this ROM. The performance increase I have seen is incredible. I will be donating.

I was able to successfully send a picture from my Blackberry to my Ally using asop15 and stock messaging app. Also, standard stereo headphones using a two-ring 3.5mm plug do not work as others have stated however a stereo headset using a three-ring 3.5mm plug does appear to work. Hope this helps!

yea you may receive picture but can you send a picture from your ally to your blackberry that's where everyone is having a issue on..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones