• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Frustrated! New Dinc2

lisses11

Lurker
Sep 10, 2011
So I finally got rid of the moto droid 2, which I had to swap out for so many issues, and used my upgrade for the dinc2. I had it for 3 days, and although I feel its missing some pretty basic customization settings available with vanilla android, I like the look and feel of it.

Today, all the display lights on the bottom (for home, menu, back, search) just disappeared. I waited at VZW store for 30 mins to swap out the device.

I noticed immediately that the hepatic/vibrate feedback was 'weak' but I took it anyway, with 2 kids in tow touching every tablet in sight. FUnny, I mentioned it to the tech, he said "It kills your battery, you shouldnt have it on, but you can go into settings an turn it on." Besides the point, I want it on.

Of course, I was right, it IS indeed turned on, but very subtle. Should I trade again? Is this a sign of things to come? Anyone else have this issue? Im so incredibly frustrated as this is my SIXTH device Ive swapped out in a matter of 3 weeks. What a PITA!!

I'm sorry youre having such a hard time. A lot of Dinc2 users have issues with the haptic being weak. My phone's haptic started off good but got weak after a week or so.
My suggestion is to get it swapped if it is important and pray the replacement is better.
I have gotten used to the lack of a strong vibrate, but if you think a strong vibrate is a deal breaker maybe you'll have to switch out until you get a good one.

Upvote 0
[Im so incredibly frustrated as this is my SIXTH device Ive swapped out in a matter of 3 weeks. What a PITA!!

I'm sorry but there is no way you got 6 bad devices in a row when 90% of us have zero issues with our phone. I think you are comparing the vibration strength of your old phone to the new one and expecting them to be the same. This is a slimmer phone and its made by a different manufacture. Its not going to have the same exact vibration as your old phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones