• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Full Memory! Free up space on your phone

Hienikenz

Lurker
Oct 6, 2011
My LG Optimus M was at 189MB. Now its at 120MB.
This will solve your prob...
1. Go to "Setting" then "Application".
2. "Manage Applications" then "All".
3. You will need to clear the "Data and Cache" on your browser (all browsers), Market, and your Wifi.
4.Tab on Dolphin Browser and hit "Clear Data and Clear Cache"
Example: I'm using Dolphin HD Browser (it showed that 32MB) after cleared cache its back down to 5MB
I'm keeping it simple. I don't want to explain too much.

I'd like to solve this issue as well. Can someone explain how Flashing a new rom helps this? I haven't had the courage to try a new rom yet but I'm building up to that. I've rooted mine and removed the bloatware so far.

I guess I could use a bit of an eduction here on all of the benefits of a new rom and recommendations on which to use if anyone has the time to help a noob.

Upvote 0
I'd like to solve this issue as well. Can someone explain how Flashing a new rom helps this? I haven't had the courage to try a new rom yet but I'm building up to that. I've rooted mine and removed the bloatware so far.

I guess I could use a bit of an eduction here on all of the benefits of a new rom and recommendations on which to use if anyone has the time to help a noob.

A custom ROM is a great way to customize your phone. Several of them allow Dark Tremor's a2sd script (search on the forum or Google it for more info; I'm posting this on my phone so it's hard to post a link). This allows apps and the dalvik cache to be placed onto the sd card and the phone still thinks it's all on the phone. This alone frees up so much space. The script doesn't work with the stock ROM.

I'm using the CM7 gingerbread ROM from reppard, currently. I have also used bobzhome's CM7 and playfulgod's CM7. All are good ROMs. As far as froyo ROMs go, I used the Aplus ROM and the Sense ROM. Both are good. There are a couple of good threads that describe how to flash a ROM, as well as a recovery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones