• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Funniest Store Salesman Comment Ever - Why the Dinc is delayed

Interesting. I'm in Boston, so this is apparently a nation wide thing with some reps. I honestly haven't heard a single case of this happening, but if a VZW salesperson says so.... ;)

You haven't heard of a single case because it's...
a. Wrong, the AMOLED screen is behind the Glass panel, so it CAN'T fall out.

b. even if it did, it wouldn't be samsung's fault, because HTC puts the digitizer on the phone, which would prevent the AMOLED from falling out.

c. also if HTC had an issue with the glass panel coming out it would be easily fixed by tweaking how it's secured.

d. the AMOLED itself will be slightly bigger than the opening for the screen, keeping it from falling out

e. the AMOLED is almost certainly held in place by 2-4 screws.

In short the screen is not going anywhere, and these people are gullible idiots.

I came across a few reports online of screens falling out of the Samsung Rogue, which has a similar screen (3.1" AMOLED 800x480) and is also on Verizon.

Upvote 0
no my comment was reported, deleted, i was given infraction points, and now it is cleared up.

I got one too real early on, it was a legitimate infraction, but unintentional. I had gotten several apps in one zipped file from a website that said they were "free" apps and so I shared one here in the forum, not realizing it was a "paid" app. Funny thing is, I am an advocate of paying for the apps I use, which carries over into my computer programs, so it was ironic that I got zapped for "posting pirated software". But Oh well! LOL

Later on I found out it may have been the free version before it went paid, but I didn't protest it, not that it would have done any good :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones