• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Funny how v3 leakers are rooting with replacements now

I've been using WW 3.1 and REALLY like it, but there is a huge firestorm about it being stolen work. I wish that the work would go back to the rightful owners and that they'd perfect this ROM. Since this ROM is said to be stolen, is there another with the same or better functionality?

I was using WW 3.1 as well but, like so many others, can't help but tinker. ( I currently have a nand of EVERY ROM that I can find...Sure am glad you can rename those!)
Yesterday I loaded xtrROM 2.0 and have to say, it's pretty damn good. ([ROM][6/3/2010] xtrROM2.0 [stable,lwp, oc] (Vanilla feel that embraces HTC framework) - xda-developers)
It's Vanilla themed but with HTC framework so things like Facebook syncing and lockscreen widgets (music, etc.) work. Also has LWP.
I have been in the habit of OC'ing all of the ROM's I use but honestly this one is so smooth that I've underclocked just a bit and it runs like stock. Also, the zip is only 75.6 MB so there's still 140 MB or so after install.
The dev says it's the first he's made, and if that's the case, he's gonna be one to watch!

Upvote 0
i wanted root too much to stay with v3. Having the ability to jump rom to rom was just too much to pass up.

For those that have gotten replacements, what ROMS are you running?

I got a replacement and I have tried the CyanogenEris 1.1, lightning_bolt v1.4, ic3 rom 2.7, tainted vanilla 1.4, and and white widow 3.1 (not available anymore). My favorite for speed was lightning bolt (5.2 Mflops). My favorite for stability is CyanogenEris 1.1, only gets about 5.0 mflops OC'd at 748.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones