1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Funny looking screen..cant figure out where from

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ProxisTech, May 1, 2011.

1. ProxisTech

ProxisTech Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 21, 2011
    Every once is a while I get a screen on my phone that I cant figure out where it comes from or what is triggering it, or why its useful. It has big ICON buttons on it and one of them is Footprints and then others, like Mail and such. Anyone know what it is and how I can control it? or what good it even is? Seems ot happen a lot when I am in the car plugged into the power and when I pull in my garage....GPS related? Cant figure it out!

Advertisement

2. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert
    None

Aug 8, 2010
    Sales
    Massachusetts
    That's an app called car panel. It's for when you're in the car and you want quick access to certain features that are commonly used. AFA why it randomly opens on your phone, I don't know. Maybe you're hitting it by accident and not realizing it? Do you use a car dock (window, air vent, etc)?

3. ProxisTech

None

Mar 21, 2011
    No. No docks or anything. Just plugged in on the seat next to me, laying flat. Not bouncing or touching anything. It just comes on by itself.

How to I get to the app for Car Panel? I cant find it anywhere on the device?

4. DaytonaZ33

DaytonaZ33 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 15, 2010
    It's activated by magnets so my guess is there is something magnetic below the seat. Perhaps a powered seat adjustment?

5. oop

oop Lurker
    None

Feb 4, 2010
    it's not listed in your apps, but if you hit the search button from the home screen and type car panel, it'll show up

ProxisTech likes this.
  6. CharlzO

CharlzO Android Expert
    None

Apr 2, 2011
    Male
    Computer Programmer
    Not sure it really matters, but in my Go Launcher app drawer, under "all", it does show the Car Panel there. Double-checked stock, and sure enough, nothing. If it helps lol.

7. ProxisTech

None

Mar 21, 2011
    Thanks! at least I can get to it now. I wish I could find setting or something. I did find Auto, Night Mode & Day Mode but I dont know what they do and I still cant figure out what triggers Car Panel to come on. It came on again while I was on 95 in CT today. T-Bolt was just sitting on the seat next to me and boom...it came on.