• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help FW Update on a Non Active phone?

rrb

Lurker
Jul 12, 2010
I have an original EVO 4G that I have replaced with an EVO 4G LTE due to a bad screen.

After upgrading the phone, I replaced the screen with an OEM screen, but now the phone acts funny. On many different functions, I can choose the setting I want, but when I try and accept the change, the "Done" function won't register.

(I am trying to use the phone in WiFi mode for Email and other non Cell related functions)

I have tested the screen area on different phone functions and it doesn't seem to be the screen.

I was hoping a Firmware update would help solve the problem, but it appears that since the phone is no longer active, the update procedure will not work.

IS THERE A WAY TO UPDATE THE FIRMWARE ON A NON ACTIVE PHONE?

I am currently running Android 2.3.5 Software version 5.07.651

Thanks in advance for any input anyone may have

Where is here?

And as far as what is not working, a perfect example is I was trying to change the default connection from Charge Only, Disk Drive.

I can change the function, but the Done button will not work, HOWEVER, If I close out oif that and try to use any other function in that screen area, it works fine, leading me to believe the screen is OK, but there is an OS glitch

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones