• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

G1 consumes prepaid credit.. help

nae

Lurker
Nov 12, 2009
hi all. i have an unlocked G1 and currently using the phone here in the philippines. i have a Globe prepaid sim. i have been using the G1 for 2 months now but then, one day i found out it was eating up my prepaid load. i did a reset thinking it must have been from a program i downloaded but after i did this, it was still eating up my prepaid credit... please, help.

Why not ring your provider and ask what the Credit is being taken for and when? i.e Data , phone calls , texts etc.

I Suggest when , because it could be data charges and they are just taking the credit now {after actually using the data}. So possibly wait and see in a bit then check if credit is being taken

Maybe this can help us get a step closer as to what it is, But t if you factory reset the phone , you shouldn't be having any problems considering theirs no app to cause it & it's not the APN for internet..

Upvote 0
but i'm on prepaid. sniff... i can't understand why it eats up my load down to zero. i've also checked to use only 2g network and have disable background data usage..

would this be because of an update to 1.6? coz after i reset the phone, my load was not yet consumed. then i received an over the air update to 1.6 and i noticed that my load was consumed once again.. :(

Upvote 0
I'm probably not saying anything that hasn't already been said, but I think the problem that Carl C is trying to clarify is that you (nae) maybe don't understand that using 2g consumes the credit too.
whenever your searching the web or downloading apps or anything like that on the phone, your using up your credits

Upvote 0
Even if your on Pre-paid you should still be able to ask your Service provider with a quick call and they will be able to tell what your being charged for, Then hopefully we may be able to narrow it down :)
hi. so i decided to change sim card in case the problem might be because of the service provider.. guess what, the prepaid credit still gets consumed. what could probably be the problem. we have ruled out the following:
1. applications - coz i did a reset on the phone
2. APN - coz i installed apndroid which switches off apn
3. service provider - still the same situation although i switched to a different provider

it seems that it's the G1 itself that eats up the credit. could it be because of the 1.6 update? coz it was fine before and i was able to use the phone for 3 mos without my credit being consumed unless i text or call...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones