• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help G1 not connecting to Windows 7

sk9412

Lurker
Jun 18, 2011
I have bought a G1 from a friend and he has only given a USB cable. I have tried connecting the phone to my laptop (Windows 7) but its not coming up in My Computer. The laptop makes a noise when the USB is connected but no Autoplay window opens up and nothing is there on the phone to access the phone. I have tried using different cables and the same things.....

I found it in under Devices and Printer but it is called Android Phone and when I right click it the only options are Create Shortcut, Troubleshoot and Properties so I can't go in to the phone. I have gone through Properties and updated the driver but still nothing and I can't get in......

Please could you help urgently because I want to access my phone through the laptop. Also, I am running on Android 1.6 so no roots on the phone and I have recently Factory reset it when I got the phone..............

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones