• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help G2x hot in use

Ive noticed my phone gets hot when im using it. Texting, calling, apps. I wanna go to tmoblie but I dont feel like getting screwed out of it. this is under normal everyday use.

Mine used to get very hot, but Gingerbread has cooled it down a bit.

I've also noticed that Plants vs Zombies eats up so much ram that it makes the phone unusable, you have to kill it after you're done playing.

What I'm trying to get at is, maybe you have an app that's misbehaving?

Upvote 0
I had problems with overheating (and often along with it, the screen going to sleep and not waking up unless I pulled the battery), even after the Gingerbread update, but I haven't had this happen since I installed a task manager and set it to auto-kill tasks whenever the screen turns off. It's been over 3 weeks since I started doing this and haven't had to pull the battery yet...previous to this, it would happen at least once a week.

I still have problems with the phone randomly rebooting 1-2 times a week.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones