• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

G2X not available anymore??

This is my second G2x. The first one had issues and eventually wouldn't turn on at all once it was shut down. I turned it in, got another and since then I've had no serious issues. I got it the week after it was released too. It has only rebooted on it's own once. A game I was playing froze up on me when I was trying to talk on the device. I guess you can't do both at the same time. After initially charging the battery properly, (completely drained to a full charge), the battery lasts as long as one would expect it to. Some people don't understand that all media devices, ie. Android, iphone and touch screen devices use a lot of battery power naturally. I really hope they continue with this device! Iv'e been a BlackBerry fan ever since they came out on the market. I switched to Android just to get the G2x and I'm completely satisfied with it. I'm totally addicted to my G2x!!

Upvote 0
Congrats on your first Android device. It's common for all these smart phones with big touch screen suffers from low battery life. This is my forth android phone and G2x is the only one that has irregular battery performance. Sometimes my phone drained to the yellow battery icon (less than 25%) after I woke up in the morning. It was a full charge before i go to bed. This is not normal.

Upvote 0
I can tell you the three T-Mobile stores in my area still have the G2X in stock but very limited quantities. When I dropped by the other day they told be inventory was limited and the phone was backordered just like the Sidekick 4G which is why it was pulled from the T-Mo website. I guess the difference is the G2X sold more so it's ran out complteley. None of the stores in my area have been able to get a SK 4G for two weeks.

So with that said just because they are out of SK does that means they were pulled for issues? No it doesnt. Sure the G2X has had some issues (mine hasn't) but that doesnt mean it was recalled or silently recalled. If it had I think Tmo would be honest about it. On top of that I know countless people who's G2X are fine, its the small minority that has issues that are always the most vocal.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones