• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

G2X not available anymore??

1Cent

May 20, 2011
So apperantly the G2X isn't available from T-Mobile right now. People are starting to question it on t-mobiles twitter now.
All they've said on their twitter is: "We had to change it due to inventory issues. Sorry!"

Does anybody know what's going on here? Is it something temporary or have they taken it away for good??
I hope not, because then I would be very, very upset :mad: I finally found the perfect phone and this was the only one I've considered buying.

So apperantly the G2X isn't available from T-Mobile right now. People are starting to question it on t-mobiles twitter now.
All they've said on their twitter is: "We had to change it due to inventory issues. Sorry!"

Does anybody know what's going on here? Is it something temporary or have they taken it away for good??
I hope not, because then I would be very, very upset :mad: I finally found the perfect phone and this was the only one I've considered buying.

That is interesting since I just bought it directly from a TMO store yesterday afternoon. It hasn't been listed in the inventory on their website for a few days, but it was still there if you clicked on older links directly to the phone.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I had two lock-ups this weekend. Couldn't hang up from a call. Flashlight went on and wouldn't shut off. Kind of bizarre. I made a few calls and inquired about exchanging it on my 14 day guarantee which ended today. After a reboot, things seemed fine.
I was actually loath to exchange it, not wanting to get a bad one. I've had no issues before this at all. I love the phone and it's been awesome. So I decided to keep it.
Then I saw the posts about it being gone from T mobiles site. This made me very nervous. If they are going to put the phone on hold or at worst discontinue it, I wanted to replace it now.
My point is, if T mobile hadn't have done that, I would not have exchanged it. If it is as they say and it is on backorder, why does it not just say that like at least one other phone on their site? Makes ME nervous.

Upvote 0
I still have my first g2x I love this phone. It has had some lockups but all and all I would give this phone a 9.5 out of 10. I would expect it to reboot and freeze up a little hell my computer does that still. I really hope this doesnt mean that we are not going to get our gingerbread update. I was not going to root my phone but if I have to I will just to get the gingerbread leak that is out there.
charlie

Upvote 0
If you look at the list of complaints it's actually long. I had 2 reboots, one complete shutdown, GPS issues and 4g issue. If the return rate is actually that high TMo has to do something. If they are covering it up then it will end bad for them.

I see them quietly handling the issue by sending the phones back for new ones. In turn ignoring the phones that are already sold. You can't replace all the phones you sold when your press is saying its a supply issue.

my .02

Upvote 0
Some of the things I've experienced:

Random reboots? Check. (Only once on my replacement though)
Shut downs? Check. (Never on my replacement)
Faulty GPS? Big Check.
Data issues? Check. (But I think this is a T-Mobile problem, more than anything)

And last night, after 7 hours of charging, it stopped charging. This morning when I took it off the charger, I was almost down to 50% within the first second!

This is as close as you'll get with a stock android phone, I've never owned a custom UI phone and have no plans to. So I guess I'm stuck with it until at least the next Nexus. I really hope they fix everything so I don't have to jump ship.

Upvote 0
I feel very bad for those with problems. I haven't had the problems reported. In fact, the phone has exceeding my expectations in stability.

All this news has got me thinking about a hypothetical. What if TMo offered some sort of amnesty deal, where they allowed you to swap your G2x for another phone due to the problems people are having. I once coveted the Sensation, but honestly I think I would keep my G2x. There isn't another Tmo phone (including the Sensation) that I would want more right now. But I must be one of the lucky few.

Upvote 0
I feel very bad for those with problems. I haven't had the problems reported. In fact, the phone has exceeding my expectations in stability.

All this news has got me thinking about a hypothetical. What if TMo offered some sort of amnesty deal, where they allowed you to swap your G2x for another phone due to the problems people are having. I once coveted the Sensation, but honestly I think I would keep my G2x. There isn't another Tmo phone (including the Sensation) that I would want more right now. But I must be one of the lucky few.

If the Bootloader on the Sensation is unlocked I am going to be returning my g2x and paying the crazy restocking fee is required...

HTC Decides To Unlock Bootloaders Moving Forward!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones