• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

gAddressBookTool

me bob

Lurker
Jul 8, 2011
Hi,

Thought I'd mention a linux open source project I've just published called gAddressBookTool that can be used to merge many address books to export onto a smart phone (without having to use the cloud).

The deb package can be downloaded here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/gaddressbktool/files/

This software can manipulate VCard and CSV address books by merging records, distinguishing mobile numbers from landlines and reconfiguring their fields and text formatting of phone numbers, using a database of national dial plans.

I wrote it as I wanted to collect and merge all my address books - from Thunderbird and my old Nokia phone so that I could export it onto my HTC android smart phone.

It is written in Python with GTK interface.

cheers Rob

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones