• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Galax0 1.6.3.3 Help needed

After changing to Galax0 1.6.3.3, my screen shows red vertical dots/lines wherever there is grey or black. I was using Galaxhero v1.1 before and everything was fine. I did a nandroid backup and changed to Galax0 1.6.3.3 where I see the problem. Then I restored Galaxhero using nandroid and everything is fine.

I see the same problem even with GAOSP beta 2. Please help me guys. I am getting bored of Galaxhero. I need a change :mad:

Are you wiping the phone before updating?

Follow these steps and it will ensure a well functioning ROM (they are a bit overdone, but I have found this helps me out sometimes):

1. Flash your recovery.img if you haven't already (not necessary if you already have done this)
2. Replace RECTOOLS in your internal SD Card with the Appropriate version (4.6.4)
3. Download Galaxo 1.6.3.3 to internal SD
4. Download the appropriate SAMSUNG.tar file to the internal SD (see drakaz website)
5. Boot into recovery and Wipe
6. After phone reboots, flash Galaxo 1.6.3.3 using ANY ZIP file method
7. Wipe again and phone will reboot
8. Flash galaxo 1.6.3.3 again
9. Immediately after flashing galaxo, restore GAPPS
10. If successful, reboot phone and use ROM. (if you get error while restoring GApps, repeat step 5-9).

http://www.drakaz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=98

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones