• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Galaxy Light Root (MetroPCS) 4.4 KitKat

I was just about to try that. Downloaded a version of superuser, (was looking for the most stable) when I decided to give the superSU one more shot, with a different procedure suggested in another thread. And sure enough it worked, not exactly as it should have, but it worked. Still got the failed message in twrp, but when I went to reboot a popup appeared and prompted me to finish the install. Guess it was doiu said, updatmetroownloading theshanythingyway, the superSU app is now in my app draw and my root explorer has full access to the system.

Thanks for the suggestion.
so long as everything you're trying to use works. super su installed for me no problem the binary updated and many root apps worked just fine granted for permissions and everything. root checker showed i was rooted. i only ran into a problem when tried to run script manager. it was the only thing said i was improperly rphone. if u haven't tried the v6 supercharger script then you're missing out. too bad there's no custom kernal for this phone. be careful of flashing anything make sure it's for the metro version. the t mobile one has the same model number but is not the same phone. there's a bunch of stuff for t mobile but not much for metro. and there proly won't be cause metro already replaced this model with the galaxy aviant. . at least that's what they did in Georgia anyway.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones