• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy Lite == Galaxy Spica i5700?

i have the spica too and i live in Ireland, one thing i have found is that its battery life is terrible, im hoping that its just a software problem and wondering when there will be an update released to fix it

It is the screen that use most power, especially bright themes. So if you tinker about all the time, then battery will go quickly. This is true on HTC phones too...

Install Avanced Task Manager Free, and kill all those unnessesary apps that suck power in the background.

Turn GPS and Wifi off if you are not using.

Force to use 2G net if you are not using 3G to browse the net. Saves power too.

Upvote 0
i have the spica too and i live in Ireland, one thing i have found is that its battery life is terrible, im hoping that its just a software problem and wondering when there will be an update released to fix it
Really? I find it to be quite good, for a smartphone, would easily get 4 days or more (just using it as a phone). How long do you get out of it? Have you turned off bluetooth, GPS and Wifi when you're not using it?

EDIT: Or what Gatak said

Upvote 0
You will not have more than 3-4 hours of battery if the screen is on. Active-matrix OLED - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia as the battery won't store more than 6-7Wh and a AMOLED screen can draw around 0.7-3W depending on brightness.

Hate to have to tell you this but the spica unfortunately doesn't have an OLED screen which is a pity as the OLED screen uses less power than the normal screen. :(

Upvote 0
dont get it, i have to charge it every 3-6 hours if i want to make full use of the phone, i find myself turning my phone off for lots of the time so that i can conserve battery life when i am out and about

I used the phone with Spotify the whole day yesterday, including a couple of calls (5-10 min calls) and I had about 60% battery left when I came home... I also had forgotten wifi on, but that is set to not autosearch ...

I find that using the phone with the screen on at high brightness really sucks power, but this seems true on most phones... doesn't it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones