1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Galaxy Nexus app compatibility.

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by ccgcool, Jan 10, 2012.

1. ccgcool

ccgcool Newbie
    None

May 12, 2011
    Do all apps available on the Android Market run on the latest nexus device like the Galaxy Nexus ? I mean is it possible that there is an app on android market but needs minimum of 1.5Ghz dual core processor which the Galaxy Nexus Doesn't have. It only has 1.2Ghz Dual core.

Advertisement

2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    Yes, apps are universal.

Speed issues? No, nothing like that at all.

Rarely do you see an app that is designed to care about a processor architecture - things like the Tegra Zone games come to mind (and then you simply install a nifty tool to defeat that dependency).

But speed? Never.

Some apps may need updating to work with the ICS (newest) version of Android found on the Galaxy Nexus, but most all are in process of that upgrade already and a great many don't need upgrading at all to work with ICS.

3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    Basically, the answer is, open the Android app market on your Galaxy Nexus. All apps that aren't compatible cannot be seen, while all that are seen are compatible, or would at least work.

EarlyMon likes this.
  4. ccgcool

ccgcool Newbie
    None

May 12, 2011
    Also as an explanation I would like to tell that I have a Motorola Defy running Froyo. I installed Modern Combat 3 but it doesn't run properly. Its too laggy and hangs almost every time. I guess if I had a phone with some 1GHz running Froyo then the Game might have run properly.