• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy Nexus Big and Bad Problems!

Nexus16

Lurker
Sep 8, 2012
Ok so i got a few problems with my nexus.
1: My cell connection is dropping at certain times
2: My screen does not have auto rotate anymore. (If i play racing moto moving my phone around will not move the bike as well) So i have lost my motion in my phone.

Those are my 2 problems i have in my phone and i dont know what i should do or what other people have done. So all the help i could get would be greatly appreciated!.

Auto-rotate and motion detection aren't the same thing, though auto rotation uses the gyroscopes to determine the proper rotation of the screen.

Is auto-rotation not working in apps like the browser? Go into the main device settings and scroll down to "accessibility" and make sure that "auto-rotate screen" is checked. If it is, then your screen should rotate to landscape mode when you turn your phone. (except the home screens as that doesn't rotate in stock android)

If motion controls aren't working in a game, that is probably indicative of something else.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones