• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy Nexus font glitches

nzm

Lurker
Jan 12, 2012
Hi, I've had the Galaxy Nexus for just over a month now, and have had several glitches like others, but have not found any info on the font problems I've been having lately. Just wondering if anyone has experieced the same problems and possibly have any solutions. I've attatched a few screen shots and the only way to clear it seems to be a few resets of the phone, but I've been unable to pinpoint exactly when / why it happens.
Many thanks in advance

a.jpgb.jpgc.jpg

Hi, I've had the Galaxy Nexus for just over a month now, and have had several glitches like others, but have not found any info on the font problems I've been having lately. Just wondering if anyone has experieced the same problems and possibly have any solutions. I've attatched a few screen shots and the only way to clear it seems to be a few resets of the phone, but I've been unable to pinpoint exactly when / why it happens.
Many thanks in advance

View attachment 26824View attachment 26826View attachment 26827

I would most certainly return that phone as a manufacturing defect.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the responses. Its a stock standard 3G Galaxy Nexus, running version 4.01. It was bought on a plan in HK (Three HK), and I havn't made any modifications to it all. I've just made the switch from the iPhone to the Nexus, so I'm not very savvy on customising anything yet, and have only downloaded apps from the Marketplace - and not many at that. Not sure if it could possibly be a bad app perhaps?
Its been a bit dissapointing really with all the glitches on it, but hopefully they'll all be ironed out soon.

Upvote 0
Has anyone figured out why this happens. I have the same issue and it's quite annoying and frustrating! "ooooh look at my Galaxy Nexus it's such an awesome phone." "Ummm dude looks like your awesome phone is glitching out hardcore." It's sad and embarrassing especially when I am showing it off to an iPhone user. :( Should I just return it? Is that what you did?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones