• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Web pages disappeared

jeffk57

Lurker
Sep 20, 2023
Xiaomi Mi 9T
Android 11
Ecosia web browser
Carrier - EE

I have been adding web pages to my home screen & organising into folders alongside related apps. Yesterday all those web pages suddenly disappeared leaving just the apps in the folders.

There had been several 3rd party app updates a few hours before, but no system app updates for a couple of weeks (I've disabled auto update).

So, any ideas about why all these web pages have just disappeared &, more importantly, how I can find & restore then? Also, how can I prevent this happening again?

Thanks

Any type of web page that is on your home screen is just a virtual shortcut, which can be lost without warning, no fixes for it. Once they are gone, their gone. The best thing you can do is at least bookmark those web pages beforehand so at least you have something to fall back on. Doesn't matter if it's a direct shortcut or one that is in a folder on your screen...

Reactions: ocnbrze and AugieTN
Upvote 0
Any type of web page that is on your home screen is just a virtual shortcut, which can be lost without warning, no fixes for it. Once they are gone, their gone. The best thing you can do is at least bookmark those web pages beforehand so at least you have something to fall back on. Doesn't matter if it's a direct shortcut or one that is in a folder on your screen...
Thanks for answering.

Is there no 'bin' folder I can access, or at least a log file somewhere within my OS with details?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones