• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus Price Drop

tannersky

Jun 14, 2010
I noticed the price on Expansys USA and some other places dropped from $750 to $670 for the unlocked GNex.

Now I have never watched phone prices/trends in the past so I ask, is there any reason to expect there will be another wave of price drops in the next few months?

Cheers

according to the newest MAP (minnimum advertised price) it doesn't look like the Nexus is heading for a price drop for a few more months

new-verizon-map.png

disregard the arrow, this chart was used to illustrate the new Droid4 coming out at less then $299 (the typical price VZ charges for 4G phones)

Upvote 0
I am looking to buy Galaxy Nexus and very surprised to found that prices of nexus are dropping very fast on expansys and negrielectronics.

few days back on expansys to was around 650$, but 2 days back it dropped to 569 $.

What could be the reason for such drop? Is S3 around the corner for launch?

I am also confused should I wait for S3 or go for galaxy nexus?

Thanks

Upvote 0
HI All,

As I just raised a question that why all of sudden there is sharp price drop in nexus price on expansys and now even on negri electronics. Both are selling it at 579 US$.

What could be the reason. Is S3 around the corner?

Should I wait for S3 or straight away go for nexus?

I can wait for 2 months if S3 is launching in 2 months.

thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones