• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help galaxy nexus USB drivers/stuck in TWRP recovery with no backup or OS

Epmd123

Lurker
Jan 26, 2015
Im on the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus i515 (toro). I installed/flashed the CM12 lollipop 5.0.2 ROM and it was working fine but i couldn't find any Gapps package small enough to flash with the CM12 ROM. I am using TWRP v2.1.2 custom recovery which is a older version and i wasn't aware of a newer version at the time. I am currently stuck in TWRP recovery. When i went to flash a Gapps package i wiped the cache, dalvik cach, and did a factory reset. I also accidentally wiped the battery stats, rotation data, and system data.
My problem now is when i connect my Gnex to my windows 8.1 laptop via USB my laptop doesn't recognize my Gnex. I get a flag on my laptop stating, "unknown USB device (device descriptor request failed)". I tried...

*deleting/uninstalling then re-installing all the drivers
*Installing official OEM Gnex drivers from the Samsung site
*installing a universal naked driver and disabling the windows driver signature verification
*installing Google drivers
*Oden, Nexus toolkit, and other toolkits

I am stuck in TWRP without a backup or OS installed. I'm guessing because i deleted them when i wiped the system data. Is their a fix for this or to get my laptop to recognize my Gnex?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones