• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy note ...ice cream?

Edbanger

Sep 24, 2009
I read somewhere that all new Android phones should be able to run the latest updates for at least 18 months. I think it was to do with the open handset alliance, whoever they are..lol.
So my question is....will the galaxy note be able to run ice cream sandwich when its available.?
I really hope so, because I don't want to be tied to a phone for 18-24 months with old software..
I don't mind waiting a couple of months, but I just want to make sure before I sign on the dotted line...
I know the nexus prime will have it, and no doubt have some cool features , but im in love with the note...and I can't wait...

I read somewhere that all new Android phones should be able to run the latest updates for at least 18 months. I think it was to do with the open handset alliance, whoever they are..lol.
So my question is....will the galaxy note be able to run ice cream sandwich when its available.?
I really hope so, because I don't want to be tied to a phone for 18-24 months with old software..
I don't mind waiting a couple of months, but I just want to make sure before I sign on the dotted line...
I know the nexus prime will have it, and no doubt have some cool features , but im in love with the note...and I can't wait...

The note, even with 2.3 will be amazing. Ice cream sandwich should be made for it immediatly because it is a high end device.

Upvote 0
Hi guys, thanks for the replies..I'm aware it is theoretically poss to upgrade, but will it ever happen.? That's what I ment..lol. also, I've just read that Samsung have cancelled the unpacked event next week, prob due to Steve jobs funeral....
I was hoping to get a lot more info and videos about the note...I'm like a kid, hate waiting for my new toys..

Upvote 0
You can upgrade to ICS even if it doesn't originally come with it.

Yes you could if you can play with the code and manage a suitable working OS for your device meaning that you can install every OS you want but if your device work as it should that's another issue. See cpu gpu periphery such radio memory ram and rom, or you have the drivers for your device??? Even atm every android phone uses GB 2.3.3 or Froyo 2.2.1 it dosent mean you can pick a GB 2.3.3 and install it on your phone and it would work, if someone will take the version and fixes the code to work with your mobile you can wait along time for it.

Upvote 0
Not much info you can find for the Note as of yet. Was really hoping for the unpacked event for not only the new nexus, but also for the note :(

Anyways, if you want some more info, do a quick google search of the galaxy note and some websites have got some previews of the phone. Also, search in youtube as well. I saw a lot of hands on videos of the note, especially with its new stylus and writing capabilities (very impressive imo).

Other than that, we may just have to wait and twiddle our thumbs before any official announcement in the near future (hopefully during the unpacked event, whenever that may be...)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones