1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Galaxy Note not reconized by pc

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nandolopez87, Aug 8, 2012.

1. nandolopez87

nandolopez87 Lurker

Hello!
    I just updated my galaxy note to ICS 4.0.3, and now when i connect it to the pc it doesnt get recognized. It just start charging and thats it.
    If i turn on Kies, the same, it is like there is no phone plugged in.
    I dont know what to do because to root it using Odin i need that the phone gets recognized, or even if i wantto downgrade to gingerbread again
    Please any help will be amazing!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ivanbayross

ivanbayross Lurker

Please check if you have the latest version of KIES on your laptop.

If its not the latest please upgrade KIES via the Internet.

Once this is done KIES ought to recognize Galaxy Note.

Ensure that you are using an original Samsung USB cable to connect to the laptop.

I've noticed that when I used a Nokia USB cable to connect my Note to the laptop KIES did not recognize it.

Once KIES recognizes the Note ( and it should ) it will demand a Firmware update on the Note, for ICS.

After this is complete via the USB cable you ought to have no trouble with KIES.

3. ajaynatu83

ajaynatu83 Member

happens with a lot of times, specially if i hv unplugged the phone and connect it immediately again!!!! i unplug the data cable n connect the phone back after 2-3 mins gap. If the problem persists then restart the laptop. used to encounter same problem with my BB and previous phones. give it a try.

4. Howard Hopkinson

Howard Hopkinson Android Enthusiast

Go to settings and click More... click USB utilities. click Connect storage to pc.

Connect your data cable to the phone and your pc and then click Turn on USB storage.

I hope this helps.

5. ididnt

ididnt Lurker

Hi, I had a batter drain problem on my galaxy note and took it to the warranty shop.
    Now I am unable to connect to my PC to synchronise with OUTLOOK. KIES just freezes when I conenct the phone wireless and with USB cable. I have already had connection problems previously.

Why can't Samsung come up with a decent software.

Could you please suggest another software to SYNC with outlook and backup my contacts?
    Thanks

6. tdodd

tdodd Well-Known Member

I weaned myself off Outlook months ago, but did sync it with my Android phones over a period of a couple of years using gSyncit before that....

https://www.google.com/enterprise/m...ductListingId=4262+17155367427235402467&pli=1

Unfortunately it is not free, but an attractive feature is that it syncs via the Google cloud rather than directly between the phone and Outlook. This means you don't need to physically connect the two via a cable as all syncing occurs over the internet. It's also fully automatic - devices sync whenever they are online - not necessarily at the same time - so once set up you can forget about it.

7. Saxtonram

Saxtonram Lurker

I had the same problem with my PC not always seeing my phone and Kies saying my phone was not supported. Some people suggested it might be a bad USB cable.

Samsung Galaxy Note Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note release date was January 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 2500mAh battery.

January 2012
Release Date
Reviews