• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy Note not reconized by pc

Hello!
I just updated my galaxy note to ICS 4.0.3, and now when i connect it to the pc it doesnt get recognized. It just start charging and thats it.
If i turn on Kies, the same, it is like there is no phone plugged in.
I dont know what to do because to root it using Odin i need that the phone gets recognized, or even if i wantto downgrade to gingerbread again
Please any help will be amazing!

Please check if you have the latest version of KIES on your laptop.

If its not the latest please upgrade KIES via the Internet.

Once this is done KIES ought to recognize Galaxy Note.

Ensure that you are using an original Samsung USB cable to connect to the laptop.

I've noticed that when I used a Nokia USB cable to connect my Note to the laptop KIES did not recognize it.

Once KIES recognizes the Note ( and it should ) it will demand a Firmware update on the Note, for ICS.

After this is complete via the USB cable you ought to have no trouble with KIES.

Upvote 0
Hi, I had a batter drain problem on my galaxy note and took it to the warranty shop.
Now I am unable to connect to my PC to synchronise with OUTLOOK. KIES just freezes when I conenct the phone wireless and with USB cable. I have already had connection problems previously.

Why can't Samsung come up with a decent software.

Could you please suggest another software to SYNC with outlook and backup my contacts?
Thanks

Upvote 0
I weaned myself off Outlook months ago, but did sync it with my Android phones over a period of a couple of years using gSyncit before that....

https://www.google.com/enterprise/m...ductListingId=4262+17155367427235402467&pli=1

Unfortunately it is not free, but an attractive feature is that it syncs via the Google cloud rather than directly between the phone and Outlook. This means you don't need to physically connect the two via a cable as all syncing occurs over the internet. It's also fully automatic - devices sync whenever they are online - not necessarily at the same time - so once set up you can forget about it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones