• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy On5 (MetroPCS/T-Mobile) stock firmware

jimlederman

Lurker
Apr 21, 2017
It had been the biggest challenge of mine and apparently quite a few other people as well to find stock firmware that will actually flash past the frp lock for the Samsung Galaxy On5, for either MetroPCS or T-Mobile. I just wanted to put it out there that I have finally, after more than 2 months of searching, figured out how to get the legit and real stock firmware that really will flash past the frp lock and unbrick your MetroPCS or T-Mobile On5 device. Only do this if you have at least basic knowledge of firmware and flashing. Download and install Samfirm, google it or get it from samsung.com directly. Keep samfirm in tthe auto configuration and type "SM-G550T1" in the model box, then type "TMK" in the region box and then click the "check upddate" button. Once samfirm has the firmware info displayed in the window make sure the "check CRC32" and "Decrypt automatically" box's are marked and click the "download" button. It will ask you where you want to save the file, hit save and let samfrm do it's thing, it will take a few minutes at the least. when the download is finished you are done using samfirm. Download and install the latest version of Odin flash tool and the samsung usb mobile device drivers if you don't already have them. Start Odin and make sure that only the "Auto Reboot" and "F. Reset Time" box's are marked, then click the "AP" button and load the stock firmware you just downloaded to it. Power your On5 device on to the download menu and connect it to Odin via USB cable, Odin will tell you when your device is successfully connected, then just hit start and let Odin do it's thing until it shows a green "pass" sign, then your done, stock rom flash successful, enjoy.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones