• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy Player 5 3.5mm Audio Input

binaryhellstorm

Apr 12, 2010
New York
Has anyone been able to get audio input to work on the Player 5.0? I am trying to feed signals in through the 3.5mm audio jack using a 4 ring 3.5mm plug. I have tried it on my Atrix and Galaxy Tab 7 and it works fine, but not on the Player. I called Samsung and they stated that the jack doesn't support input, which seems likely, but I also know how tech support can have incorrect information sometimes, and if anyone had been able to enable it or get it to work.

I have found no reference to using a mic in the 3.5mm jack in the manual. I've been curious about this also because I use the voice recorder occasionally. I did discover that the earbuds that came with my player have a mic built in, and that mic can be used to make recordings when plugged in. So the 3.5mm jack must support input somehow.

My player included a nice set of earbud headphones. One line of the earbuds has a pause button, and that pause button has a little hole on the back side that turns out to be a mic. If your player included these earbuds, you should find the mic works.

Upvote 0
That is interesting, I didn't even open the headphones, but now that you mention it, I noticed that it has a mic. The mic does work on the headset, but not with any other input devices.
Updated:
Ok, so after experimenting with it a little bit more, it seems that sometimes it switches to the internal mic and sometimes it will use the external mic, but I often have to restart it with the headset plugged in to get it to work with the headset.
Best part is I called Samsung about it and they went from saying the that player doesn't support 3.5mm input to saying that now it's broken (not that I disagree that it's broken just got to love the inconsistent answers).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones