• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S Pro now known as Epic 4G is now official.

My last 2 phones were Samsings...will not buy a Samsung again. You want to talk about lack of support. The EVO might have some issues but Sprint and HTC are scrambling to get them ironed out. There has already been an update and a rumored update around the corner as well as 2.2 in the VERY near future. It took Samsung about 5 months to get the first update out to the Moment and that was one messed up phone.

No love for Samsung here...in fact, they botched it so bad for me that I don't even think I could buy any Samsung product!!! Consider yourself warned!

also note it got it b4 the htc hero! Plus Sprint and Samsung are on the record about this phone getting 2.2! Not saying Samsung is great about there software but they aint the worst, unless of course you where a behold owner! I would also argue Samsung being near the top when it comes to hardware for anything!

Upvote 0
also note it got it b4 the htc hero! Plus Sprint and Samsung are on the record about this phone getting 2.2! Not saying Samsung is great about there software but they aint the worst, unless of course you where a behold owner! I would also argue Samsung being near the top when it comes to hardware for anything!

The Hero got an update WAY before Samsung did(I'm talkin cl14 here...not 2.1). The Moment has ssues to this very day....ie GPS SUCKS salty ballz, battery sucks so much worse than the EVO,etc....list goes on!!!! I'll pass. I had an Instinct before the Moment....same story. Fool me once....fool me twice...ain't goin' for a third time!

BUT....I think it will be great to have this phone in the Android stable!!!!

Upvote 0
The Hero got an update WAY before Samsung did(I'm talkin cl14 here...not 2.1). The Moment has ssues to this very day....ie GPS SUCKS salty ballz, battery sucks so much worse than the EVO,etc....list goes on!!!! I'll pass. I had an Instinct before the Moment....same story. Fool me once....fool me twice...ain't goin' for a third time!

BUT....I think it will be great to have this phone in the Android stable!!!!

Ill give you the instinct casue i went through 3 myself, but I haven't had 1 problem on my moment! to each his/her own I guess. All i'm saying tho is every cell company including HTC has their problems!

Upvote 0
I have no interest in the phone, but I am curious to see if it will carry the $10 data charge or if Sprint doesn't think people will use data on it as much because it has smaller screen and no kickstand. lol

This will be interesting!

Also, how bad is it that they totally ripped of the iPhone for their programs menu. Actually, I think the word would be sad! Don't know how they let that one out the door like that. So much for originality.

Upvote 0
Anyone seriously considering this phone can just go to one of the many sites that reviewed the Galaxy S unlocked and get an idea of the UI. I Think Phonedog has an unboxing hands on up right now. He says it feels cheap. The UI is the big difference for me. Maybe after the EVO and Hero i just am way more comfortable with sense ui. But the Galaxy UI just looks terrible. I'm sure i could get used to it if i had to. But i have no interest in a phone with a physical keyboard. Never liked them. I can fly on a virtual keyboard. Plus it doesnt make the phone squeeky and loose like the sliders do.

I'm glad its coming out. I like how sprint locked up the different version for the keyboard fans. Good move.

I'll pass.

Upvote 0
I would like some variant of this phone but each one has subtle differences, the biggest of which seems to be the internal memory. The Captivate for AT&T has 16gb internal while the most I've read for the Epic4G is 2gb internal. However, it is able to handle a 32gb microSD unlike the Captivate which can only handle 16gb. The Epic has a front facing camera while the Captivate is silent on that part so far. And for camera phone lovers, the Epic also has a flash, which is a big plus if you like the phone's ability to record in HD.

Has anyone else heard about the discrepancies in the internal memory between the different Galaxy S's out there?

Upvote 0
EVO front camera = 1.3mp, Epic 4G front camera = 0.3mp

just a small detail for those that care

What video size does the front camera on the Evo take? Don't both Evo and Epic both take VGA video with the front? Cause I don't see myself using the front camera for anything other than video chat, and don't even see myself using that much.

Higher MP is always welcomed, but not much of a concern for atleast me.

Very excited about this phone and its keyboard. Kinda the Evo went out of stock before I could pull the trigger.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones