• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S2 Plus no dimmer or contrast settings

sogeking1

Mar 27, 2014
HKG
I have two issues related to the screen brightness and contrast I can't seem to figure out on my own.

Firstly, the brightness settings. When I have it set to manual on the lowest setting it's still a tad brighter than what I would like and I've noticed setting it on auto brightness actually gets it to lower the brightness a bit more. Also, I've noticed the phone has the ability to automatically dim the screen when I leave a page unattended for about a minute or so.

I'd like to know if there's any way to get the screen to lower it's brightness level beyond the manual slider settings?

Second; there don't seem to be any screen mode or contrast settings on the S2 plus that I can find. There are instructions for the old S2 online that I've found but none of those options are available on the S2 plus and apart from brightness settings there isn't much I can do to customize the screen colors and contrast from the in phone settings menu.

There's definitely an app that can make the screen darker by putting like a dark overlay over it and it works pretty well but I can't remember the name so try asking in the apps forum if you get no luck here.
As for the contrast thing I think that would be a root function.
I remember my international galaxy s3 had a few options to change the "warmth" of the screen but the North American ones didn't have it so maybe the s2 is similar?

Upvote 0
Thanks I'll have a look at that. I find it hard to believe there isn't an option to change the contrast within the phone menu. It seems the video player doesn't even have them either, I tried watching some films on it earlier and had to turn it off because I was blinded by the extreme reds and greens.

Upvote 0
Thanks again for that. There's actually a link to another app on the bottom called screen dimmer which I prefer, it allows setting access on the drop down menu which I find useful.

Just wondering if this type of thing actually saves more battery life by dimming the screen or takes up more of it with the app running in the background?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones