• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S3 Watering Hole

Oddness happening today.

Something somewhere (seemingly on my network) is trying to log in to AF with some incorrect credentials since my account seems to be locked out on Tapatalk.

Using the old App to talk right now. If I vanish for a while it'll be because I'm totally locked out and need to purge all my logins again to satisfy the great AF security gods.

Upvote 0
Oddness happening today.

Something somewhere (seemingly on my network) is trying to log in to AF with some incorrect credentials since my account seems to be locked out on Tapatalk.

Using the old App to talk right now. If I vanish for a while it'll be because I'm totally locked out and need to purge all my logins again to satisfy the great AF security gods.

Check all of you devices to make sure that aren't trying to log in with your old username. I had that happen to me when I changed my username. Especially apps on your phones / tablets as they poll for PM's or subscriptions so they will attempt to connect without you actually opening the app.

Reactions: kymberlin
Upvote 0
Nothings changed for over a week. And when it did change I purged all the accounts from clients, shutdown Web browsers etc. and left it overnight before I reestablished my account on them.

Everything that's been used to connect has been since my last password change.

I was referring to your name change. You were Rachel_A##### and are now Rachel_A presumably with the same password. Anything that still has Rachel_A##### would need to be updated.

Upvote 0
For my UK friends in here, thought you may want to know about this.

Amazon Appstore goes abroad, brings its wares to Europe

Not sure how you get the app there, but here in the US I just went to Amazon's website via the browser on my phone and could download the app there. The free app of the day is hit or miss, but I have grabbed some really useful ones from there. Today's was the Ad free version of Angry Birds which I grabbed as Evan still plays it and his N7 isn't rooted and therefor cannot ad block.

Upvote 0
For my UK friends in here, thought you may want to know about this.

Amazon Appstore goes abroad, brings its wares to Europe

Not sure how you get the app there, but here in the US I just went to Amazon's website via the browser on my phone and could download the app there. The free app of the day is hit or miss, but I have grabbed some really useful ones from there. Today's was the Ad free version of Angry Birds which I grabbed as Evan still plays it and his N7 isn't rooted and therefor cannot ad block.

More often miss than hit. But it's still nice for the option.

Upvote 0
True. I now have 4 electronic cookbooks that, like their physical cousins, remain untouched.

I could probably list them as I probably have the same four.:rolleyes:

I do you the All Recipes on because it syncs with the PC and does grocery lists. It's nice to pick a few recipes and have a list prepared that you can tick off in the store.

Upvote 0
Um... I need a Tasker 101 class.. This is a bit much, but I shall figure it out!

While I only used the 'demo' version (and am thinking about just paying the $6.50 to get the full), the way I figured it out was think about what I wanted it to do.

Once I got all that out of the way, then I started exploring what it could do.

It's much less overwhelming that way, I think, because you have some focus.

Upvote 0
While I only used the 'demo' version (and am thinking about just paying the $6.50 to get the full), the way I figured it out was think about what I wanted it to do.

Once I got all that out of the way, then I started exploring what it could do.

It's much less overwhelming that way, I think, because you have some focus.

The biggest problem is looking at the wealth of options available for both state and event.

First thing I did was say to myself 'what do I want it to do first'. Having decided on my initial profile I looked around for what would achieve that aim, rather than my initial attempts which were more along the lines of 'what can this do for me'.

You may also want to grab "Secure Settings" by IntangibleObject on Google Play. It's a free addon that allows Tasker to do stuff using root.

Upvote 0
I thought that was part of the Tasker fun... Setting up what you wanted when it was in the chip zone.?

Good Morning Pup Master !

Chip zone? ya lost me on that one K'lin - Some NFC Apps can run Taster profiles as well, but with Tasker, you can set it all up so that you wont even need NFC at all.

Ooh, I've been designated Master by kymberlin. My fellow Master X, does this come with a belt or anything? Was there a ceremony?:D

Just a multi-rasta-coloured friendship band and a bl... no wait that was the other club :D

Um... I need a Tasker 101 class.. This is a bit much, but I shall figure it out!

You might want to bookmark this page K'lin ...
Step-Throughs & How-Tos - Tasker Wiki

Upvote 0
Whew... I LOVE youtube.!

I am preparing my list of things I would like to have it do (Thanks Rachel) and looking through multiple AF posts, I think this should keep my OCD in check for awhile! Geeze, this thing can do everything !

Treb... this may be good for you :
Random cutie text messages sent to my girlfriend at the press of a button, for those spontaneous moments when i don't have time to compose one...

X... You ?
Calendar activated alarms. When I am on "days" on my work calendar my alarm is automatically set for 5:30am, a little voice introduction and the weather forcast for the day.
when I am on nights my phone goes silent unless a FAV caller calls or texts. Everyone else can bugger off.

And I like this one :
Location home: WiFi on Announce welcome home.

Upvote 0
Chip zone? ya lost me on that one K'lin - Some NFC Apps can run Taster profiles as well, but with Tasker, you can set it all up so that you wont even need NFC at all.

I thought one of the fun things is that you program the sticker to the actual zone? For instance, when I walk out of the front door it can turn off WIFI and turn 4g back on. Or a sticker on my desk that turns triggers my work exceptions.

A lot of these location based series are from stickers right? or are they strictly GPS. I don't have a dock (car or home) so I was thinking the NFC would handle it.

Upvote 0
I thought one of the fun things is that you program the sticker to the actual zone? For instance, when I walk out of the front door it can turn off WIFI and turn 4g back on. Or a sticker on my desk that turns triggers my work exceptions.

A lot of these location based series are from stickers right? or are they strictly GPS. I don't have a dock (car or home) so I was thinking the NFC would handle it.

Oh yea! The sticker where ever its placed will change things as you described, but with tasker you can set it to work from location based on a 'get location' command by having "use wireless locations" turned on or in conjunction with gps.

Upvote 0

I was thinking about NFC stickers too, but when I started playing with tasker, I noticed that I could make it do the same things without me touching a NFC sticker.

For example, when the phone connects to my car's bluetooth, it'd know to turn off wifi. When it loses connection with my car's bluetooth, it knows to turn on wifi again. That sort of thing. So I'm not sure I'd want an NFC sticker.

Your use may be different, though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones