• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S4 AT&T Pre-Order - Only 16GB Available

For those of you who have had the S3 16 GB version, has anyone ever come close to filling up the internal storage of the 16 GB?

On my 16GB iPhone 4S, I was always clearing data due to the storage limit. With external SD cards that issue goes away. There will be games and such that might gobble up huge blocks of data on the internal storage but for me it's not a problem. I only need enough internal storage for the few apps I have.

I have a 32GB SD card that I use for media (photos, videos, my ENTIRE music library) and it's only about 1/2 full including numerous Nandroid backups.

Upvote 0
For those of you who have had the S3 16 GB version, has anyone ever come close to filling up the internal storage of the 16 GB?

I have not. On my ATT GS3 16GB, there is about over 11GB left to use. I currently have about 7GB free. I don't have many games, which take up the most space, but I do have about 185+ apps installed. I also have a 64GB MicroSDHC to hold my music/pictures/videos.

That being said, I am thinking if I started to download more games, that space would go a lot quicker.

So, I did go and preorder the 16GB GS4 but if the 32GB does become avail to preorder, I might switch it anyway, but I really don't know.

Upvote 0
I'm thinking that myself. I have the 16 GB version pre-ordered but if and when the 32 GB version becomes ready for pre-ordering, I'll call that number on the AT&T business card I received and have him switch it out.

I just don't want to run out of room for apps and other various data as well. Plus, it's only $50 more so who cares. I can make that up easily with selling two phones that I have.

I figure that I'll get anywhere from $175 to $200 for each of the phones that I have.

Upvote 0
I'm thinking that myself. I have the 16 GB version pre-ordered but if and when the 32 GB version becomes ready for pre-ordering, I'll call that number on the AT&T business card I received and have him switch it out.

I just don't want to run out of room for apps and other various data as well. Plus, it's only $50 more so who cares. I can make that up easily with selling two phones that I have.

I figure that I'll get anywhere from $175 to $200 for each of the phones that I have.

Or you could just buy a 32GB micro sd card to use with the 16GB version. A 32GB card shouldn't cost $50, so it might be cheaper

Upvote 0
I barely game on my phone at all. I think I only have one game on my phone and if I couldn't install it, I wouldn't miss it.

The only thing that I worry about as far as space is being to able to cache certain content such as content from Google Music. I don't think that Google Music can be configured to use a different path to store content other than /sdcard.

Or am I just worrying about things just to worry about things?

Upvote 0
I checked my order status at https://www.att.com/eos/unauth/eosLogin?productType=wireless and I don't have a tracking number yet. It still says "processing".

Yep, that's where I logged in. Tracking info says it's coming from Ft. Worth Texas and will be to me in Oregon on thursday the 25th. Fedex is pretty good here so if it arrives before 7am tomorrow at their depot they will deliver it a day early. So let's hope!

To celebrate it's impending arrival I think I shall go brew beer!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones