• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Tab 2?

mpw

Android Expert
Jan 1, 2010
the past
So, does anybody think that Samsung will update the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7"?

While waiting for absolute confirmation as to whether the 8.9 will do calls & SMS, wondering whether the 7" will continue, and if so whether it'll get a hardware update to slim it down/speed it up etc., while retaining it's 'big phone' status.

Tried the HTC flyer in store, and thought the size/performance was better than I'd imagined, but could really do with next hardware to do both tablet AND phone duties.

I'm in the same boat. I'd love to have just one device that does everything and something a little faster. Love the tab 7 but it's just a stepping stone for me. I did try the flyer wifi and loved the performance but I want 4g too. The seven inch form factor is perfect for mobility and I hope Samsung has plans for a follow up device. But I'm not going to wait too long. I will also check out the 8.9 to see if it can be as mobile.

Upvote 0
I can't wait for a 7" tegra 2 honeycomb tablet to be released. I doubt it will be from Samsung any time soon though as they have not announced it yet. Viewsonic supposedly has one coming out soon, and so does Acer (called the Iconia Tab A100).

The 7" form factor is perfect, it fits in my front right pocket. Any bigger at all and it wouldn't. I don't really get why Samsung is making both 8.9 AND 10.1 inch versions, that's really not much of a difference and both are too big to be mobile without carrying it in a backpack, briefcase, purse, etc.

I hope they didn't believe Steve Jobs' "the 7 inch form factor will be DOA" bullshit.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones