1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Galazy S2 - Won't Turn On

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tubalux, Apr 26, 2012.

1. tubalux

tubalux Lurker

Hi All,

I have a GT-I9100T, bought in December 2011 (unrooted, on Telstra/Australia).

Last night it suddently turned off (while charging). I cannot get it to turn back on, or register when a charger is plugged in (either wall charger or USB cord to computer).

I've tried instructions I've found for both soft and hard resets (taking battery out, holding down power button for 10 seconds, then replacing battery and holding home+power for 10 seconds), with no result.

I've also tried swapping batteries with a mate who has the same phone, with no change.

I'm probably taking it back to the shop tomorrow, just wondering if there's something else I should try?

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. DaveSyd

DaveSyd Android Enthusiast

You might have a failed battery. When the battery is really flat it will shut the phone down and not allow you to turn it on - until you get the big fat battery gauge on the screen. When/if you get a new one there is a Battery Monitor Widget that will keep stats for you, look for "BMW" on the market.

(PS. I have an Optus branded one. Do Telstra fill it full of battery sucking, persistently annoying crapware like Optus does? Optus have reined it in a little. At least you can uninstall)

3. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

That sounds like a hardware failure tbh, if a known-good battery also doesn't work. It's still well within the maunfacturer's warranty period so should be repaired/replaced without charge.

Good luck.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews