• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galazy S2 - Won't Turn On

tubalux

Lurker
Apr 26, 2012
Hi All,

I have a GT-I9100T, bought in December 2011 (unrooted, on Telstra/Australia).

Last night it suddently turned off (while charging). I cannot get it to turn back on, or register when a charger is plugged in (either wall charger or USB cord to computer).

I've tried instructions I've found for both soft and hard resets (taking battery out, holding down power button for 10 seconds, then replacing battery and holding home+power for 10 seconds), with no result.

I've also tried swapping batteries with a mate who has the same phone, with no change.

I'm probably taking it back to the shop tomorrow, just wondering if there's something else I should try?

Thanks

You might have a failed battery. When the battery is really flat it will shut the phone down and not allow you to turn it on - until you get the big fat battery gauge on the screen. When/if you get a new one there is a Battery Monitor Widget that will keep stats for you, look for "BMW" on the market.

(PS. I have an Optus branded one. Do Telstra fill it full of battery sucking, persistently annoying crapware like Optus does? Optus have reined it in a little. At least you can uninstall)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones