• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gallery "Display on Map" Not Coordinate Specific

I have a question related to the "Show on Map" feature of the Gallery- any help would be appreciated.

I frequently hike, and use my Droid camera to take pictures as I go. I have the GPS feature enabled so that it captures location information.

When I select "Show on Map" through the gallery, it opens the Google Maps application, and I see it searching for the coordinates. However, instead of showing me those coordinates on the map, it shows some generic nearby location, typically the middle of whatever park or wilderness area I'm in. It appears that instead of showing the exact location (even though the coordinates are available), it only wants to display physical locations that are in the database.

Is there any way I see can see exactly where on the map the photo was taken?

Ultimately, I'd like to be able to combine this with my exports from MyTracks so that I can see my path and pictures together.

I appreciate the help.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones