• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gamer phone

But Nova can be used with anything, so that's not a big gain (though I like their thinking there).

Let's be honest, it's a niche device. So to an extent it's success has to depend on how well it serves that niche. The question has to be whether it offers enough to gamers to offset it's weaknesses as a general purpose phone.

Reactions: mikedt and Jfalls63
Upvote 0
But Nova can be used with anything, so that's not a big gain (though I like their thinking there).

Let's be honest, it's a niche device. So to an extent it's success has to depend on how well it serves that niche. The question has to be whether it offers enough to gamers to offset it's weaknesses as a general purpose phone.

Indeed, and the last niche phone I can think of never did too well, and they(Marshall) never a made a successor.
marshall.jpg

Razer and Marshall are both very successful in their respective niche markets, but for smart-phones....meh!.

To me, the Marshall London(2015) is the poster child of a niche phone that didn't, and could be same thing for the Razer Phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hadron and Jfalls63
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones