• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Games keep making me re-download files?

thisisdom

Lurker
Mar 13, 2012
So I have an xperia play (i'm fairly new to android), and it appears that certain games keep deleting all the game files, so I am forced to re-download the files when I open the application up. This has happened a few times now, most recently with shadowgun, and with a few other game loft games.

Does anyone have any idea why this is? Could it be an update? (it says 250mb though, which seems very big)

Also, does this mean my sd card is slowly being filled up with data which can't be accessed any more?

Oh, and does uninstalling an application from the phone delete all the data associated with that app (even if, like gameloft games, the data isn't contained within the app)?

Thanks.

In regards to the last question, yes it does most of the time but not always. It varies depending on how the developer has set it up from my understanding.

For the first problem it would be worth formatting the memory card. You will need to transfer any data you want to keep to a PC first then: Main Menu > Settings > Storage > Unmount SD Card > Format SD Card.

Once this is done do always ensure that the back cover is securely attached to the phone as if it is not this can prevent the phone from reading the card.

Reactions: thisisdom
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones