1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Games That Make You Smarter

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Andruid, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Andruid

Andruid New Member

Oct 26, 2009
    I want to start this thread to discuss android games that actually afford some kind of mental benefit for the player. I discovered recently that there are quite a few games out there that actually teach something or hone some skill. One of my favorites is GeoQuiz from Brain Cafe (developer - Urbian, Inc.) - a simple but fun and educational geography quiz.

Please use this thread to share your experiences with such games and to make recommendations for others who are interested in using mobile gaming for something other than gradually wearing out their retinas.

Advertisement

2. pdragon

pdragon Well-Known Member

I found Mental Maths to be a good one. Helps you work on getting better at doing math in your head.

3. dufran3

dufran3 Active Member

Oct 24, 2009
    I was looking for a program to create flashcards on my phone to study for class. Figured it would be easier and could save some paper!! :) Anyone know of any good ones?

4. Gremlyn1

Gremlyn1 Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    That's a good idea, shouldn't be too hard to implement. I've been looking for an intro app to create, maybe I'll try it out (regardless of whether there is one out there).

5. vnssa906

vnssa906 New Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Receptionist
    Brooklyn, NY
    I just downloaded GeoQuiz and I very much enjoy it... Actually makes you think back to what we've learn all the way back in grade school!

6. skwerm

skwerm Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Male
    working.
    don't know if it's making me smarter, but i'm currently addicted to WordUp!

it's a word game, pretty much like Boggle.

if u get it, make sure u donate also...the "free" version uses a weird dictionary with words you've never heard of...after donating u get a "normal" dictionary with "normal" words.