• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Gapps for Resurrection Remix rom-ResurrectionRemix-M-v5.7.0-20160617-i9300

gregg1100

Android Enthusiast
Mar 8, 2012
South Wales
Downloaded the Gapps for the above rom---whether Full, Mini or Basic- and they all end up in error in the TWRP flash sequence--Open Gapps open_gapps-arm-6.0-full-20160623 .zip.
If I just flash the updated rom to S3 without Gapps, the phone still updates the rom, and everything else is as is.
I forgot to wipe cache and Dalvik cache- phone still works, but I take it that a lot of previous junk from earlier rom has been left behind. Is this what they call a dirty flash ??
I can't seem to find Gapps for this rom apart from the one entered above.
Any ideas please ??
Thanks.
PS Got another S3 and S4 to update. :)

Just getting a " Unfortunately , Set Up Wizard has stopped" box now. As soon as you touch the cross, box disappears for a second then comes back.
Any ideas please ?
Looking to get it back to 4.3 and start again
I am NOT updating the RR rom on the S4- it's working, so will leave it be.

Update. Just restored one S3 to earlier Resurrection Remix rom- will leave that as is now. Just trying to restore the other one now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have TWRP 2.8.6 on the S3 sd card. I have found the twrp 3.0.2 file and put that into root of SD card.
What is confusing me is the 3.0.2 file is listed as " twrp-3.0.2-1-i9300.img.tar" --- whereas the 2.8.6.1 is just a .tar file.
Not sure about how to update to 3.0.2 ??
I take it that these phones are 32 bit.
Any ideas please ??

Upvote 0
Hi,
I seemed to have got the phone back on even keel by flashing Bliss Pop rom 5.1.1 plus Gapps. I know it has gone backwards with the rom, but it is working until I can get the time to mess around with MM. It is only a spare phone that I use when out on the motorbike- Note 4 too big to go in a leather jacket pocket.
The other S3 is still on MM 6.0.1. Note 4 contract expires in February and NOT touching that one- wife will have it I expect.
:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones