• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Garmin ASUS A50 icon besides the road

JSavoie

Lurker
Nov 21, 2015
Hi guys and girls! I'm from Quebec/Canada. Montreal's South shore.

Not much to say about me except that I was dumb enough to forget to lock my car ONCE and someone took my GPS right in front of the door where I was spending the week helping a pregnant friend a week ago. Never saw anything. Unlocked door = no insurance refund. My friend's trucker husband felt sorry for me and gave me his Garmin ASUS nuvifone A50 which he didn't use anymore (no more phone line on it) because he had tried to update the GPS with a beta version (so he told me) and since then, the car icon is BESIDES the road.

On highway, it's not that much important but in a city, it gets confusing on which street I am.

So, You are my last hope after having tried a hard reset and the problem still persists. This particular model is no more supported by Garmin nor by videotron.ca. Now I have to admit, I'm totally lost!

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
Anyone would know by any means how I could verify the latest android version that was installed on my A50?

Also, I tried to find Android Version 2.1 (éclair) Lightning(?) but it is nowhere to be found now.

At worst: is there a newer Garmin cell phone offered in 2015? I like the features of the Garmin GPS and being both a cell phone and a GPS, when I step out of my car, I would be less tempted to leave it in the car in case I'd need to use the cell.

One thing I have in common with my A50: It's not funny to be old! Lol !

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones