• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Garmin Asus Nuvifone A50 - OS UPDATE CONFIRMED FOR OPTUS AUSTRALIA

Hi all, my first post here, so be kind!

GREAT start to my day: at 8.45 this morning I got a phone call from a GARMIN ENGINEER with Garmin Australia! He called, after I dropped a question via the Garmin Australia website, asking when the OS for the A50 is expected to be upgraded from 1.6 to 2.1/2.2.

TOP MARKS for Garmin: they called, out of their own initiative. Top Company!

Then he told me that they are still working on the OS upgrade, as Optus (the Australian Telco who sells the A50 here) had requested some further tweaks to the OS. And then Garmin had decided to throw in some further features, which had delayed the roll-out "for a period of time".

When I asked of that period was 6 months or 6 weeks, he answered "No, just a few weeks".

So th upgrade is confirmed, with extra features, in the next few weeks. Big News for me, as I am about to get a free A50 from Optus.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones