• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Thought I'd pop in and say G'day.
waiting for my Samsung Galaxy SII to be delivered to me.
My wife already has the first generation SGS ... has taken her a bit to get used to it (her first smartphone) ... but she loves it now.

My first foray into smartphones was with an Apple iPhone 3GS ... which has served me very well ... and has been a great phone .... just feeling it is quite restrictive now ... and I am yearning for something more now. My carrier had a special offer going to allow me to exit early and move over to a decently priced plan with and SGS2. :D

Looking forward to perusing the forums for new tech stuff ... and accessories too.

Also not new to forums as well ... i actually know how to use the Search function too ;)

Cheers
Simon

Welcome Mechan1k!

I'd wager you'll be pretty happy with an SGS2 -- you'll have to be sure to let us know if you like it. They are said to be awesome phones.

Also dont worry about the search. Sure, it's helpful but we dont ever tell someone "use the search!" -- we're much more laid-back around here. :cool:

We believe people asking questions turns noobs into pros :)

Upvote 0
I have had a play around with the SGS ... and set stuff up on my wife's phone ... to make it a bit easier to use for her ... and I really like it.

Looking forward to being able to do a bit more with this ... and had a look around the Android Market today ... just to familiarise myself with it ... and get an idea of what I want to get as well regarding apps.

Took a little bit of getting used to from the iphone ... but I like the ability to be more free in what you can do on it ... and some of the widgets look good as well (albeit probably chew battery and usage though).

My wife said to me I can have her "hand-me-down" and she take the SGS2 ... ummmm no. At least she tried ... hahahahaha.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones