1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

G'day

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Mechan1k, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Mechan1k

Mechan1k Lurker
    None

Jul 26, 2011
    Network Engineer, Courier Driver
    Sydney, Australia
    Thought I'd pop in and say G'day.
    waiting for my Samsung Galaxy SII to be delivered to me.
    My wife already has the first generation SGS ... has taken her a bit to get used to it (her first smartphone) ... but she loves it now.

My first foray into smartphones was with an Apple iPhone 3GS ... which has served me very well ... and has been a great phone .... just feeling it is quite restrictive now ... and I am yearning for something more now. My carrier had a special offer going to allow me to exit early and move over to a decently priced plan with and SGS2. :D

Looking forward to perusing the forums for new tech stuff ... and accessories too.

Also not new to forums as well ... i actually know how to use the Search function too ;)

Cheers
    Simon

Advertisement

2. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?
    None

Nov 29, 2009
    Android App Developer
    NY
    Welcome Mechan1k!

I'd wager you'll be pretty happy with an SGS2 -- you'll have to be sure to let us know if you like it. They are said to be awesome phones.

Also dont worry about the search. Sure, it's helpful but we dont ever tell someone "use the search!" -- we're much more laid-back around here. :cool:

We believe people asking questions turns noobs into pros :)

3. Mechan1k

Mechan1k Lurker
    None

Jul 26, 2011
    Sydney, Australia
    I have had a play around with the SGS ... and set stuff up on my wife's phone ... to make it a bit easier to use for her ... and I really like it.

Looking forward to being able to do a bit more with this ... and had a look around the Android Market today ... just to familiarise myself with it ... and get an idea of what I want to get as well regarding apps.

Took a little bit of getting used to from the iphone ... but I like the ability to be more free in what you can do on it ... and some of the widgets look good as well (albeit probably chew battery and usage though).

My wife said to me I can have her "hand-me-down" and she take the SGS2 ... ummmm no. At least she tried ... hahahahaha.

4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Welcome to the forums! :)

I'm sure you'll love Android and your new handset.

5. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Welcome to (officially signing up for) Android Forums!

Don't wives understand that husbands must have the better tech? I actually think that was in my wedding vows ;)

FWIW, widgets will only chew up your battery if they sync data frequently. Cut them back to a reasonable time and they won't use much more than an app shortcut.

6. Mechan1k

Mechan1k Lurker
    None

Jul 26, 2011
    Sydney, Australia
    Thanks for the tips on the widgets.

Well ... both my wife and I were not at home yesterday ... and the courier tried to deliver it (typical, I was at my courier job as well yesterday).

At least they left it at the Post Office for me to pick up early in the week.

7. Mechan1k

Mechan1k Lurker
    None

Jul 26, 2011
    Sydney, Australia
    Well ... so far so good ... have added some key apps ... the odd helpful widget here and there.

So far I reckon i could get nearly 2 days out of the battery ... but I am not going to drain the battery right down. Nothing but praise for the SGS2 here now ... I love it.

I really should get myself a decent mini-SD card for it now.