• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root General discussion on All Things Root

Alright, I've been thinking about this....
When you do a factory reset and nerf your rom with the wrong recovery, and the pc will only recognize it in emergency mode, you have a brick, right? Squid knows how to stuff Optimus S firmware onto it, but the radio gets nerfed and it's only good for wifi after that, right? So..... I know flashing the radio will kill it, and that's one of the big differences between the S and the V. Why can't we strip that part out of the firmware? If it could be flashed with a partially nerfed S rom, is there someway to then get the correct recovery, then rom back onto it? Using the wifi only as a stepping stone to an unbricked state. I know this seems obvious, so I'm sure there's a good reason it isn't the next step to unbricking. I'm just curious....

Upvote 0
Alright, I've been thinking about this....
When you do a factory reset and nerf your rom with the wrong recovery, and the pc will only recognize it in emergency mode, you have a brick, right? Squid knows how to stuff Optimus S firmware onto it, but the radio gets nerfed and it's only good for wifi after that, right? So..... I know flashing the radio will kill it, and that's one of the big differences between the S and the V. Why can't we strip that part out of the firmware? If it could be flashed with a partially nerfed S rom, is there someway to then get the correct recovery, then rom back onto it? Using the wifi only as a stepping stone to an unbricked state. I know this seems obvious, so I'm sure there's a good reason it isn't the next step to unbricking. I'm just curious....

Does make sense. If you can force s why can't you go back and force v.

Upvote 0
You can't force the "V" firmware because both the ZV4 and the ZV5(2.2.1 and 2.2.2) have an important file missing, which at best will just make things worse.
The trick is to figure out exactly what's in the missing file and put it back in. bigsupersquid could shed more light on the matter.

Upvote 0
Its a dll file and without it the rest is worthless. bigsupersquid has been dealing with it for 6-8 months easy. If he hasn't come up with an answer yet, it ain't comin. The file might get released by lg, or a fixed firmware.cab file with everything working might come out(yah, right). My phone will probably be dust by the time that happens though.

Upvote 0
How long should a battery last if your hardly using the phone? I have barely used mine today and it is down to 9% after 17h 28m. When I checked about 10 minutes ago it was 11%. I've even had Airplane Mode on most of that time. I thought it had been doing better but maybe I'm mistaken. Maybe the last BACKside update? :thinking: I haven't had time to try the one Jerry posted this morning to see if that helped.

How long can yours last?

Upvote 0
Congratulations!!!! 9 lbs 5 oz, that's a big boy.

newborn-baby-4.jpg

Reactions: brotherswing
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones