• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Geniatech Enjoy TV

Upgrade instructions are in post: 785
http://androidforums.com/3835943-post785.html

I will prepare at weekend some pack of running applications and step to do. I have a few more apps to check.

If someone have problem after upgrade with res it will have to do again only SPI 2.3 upgrade. After this the tv screen will be properly gauged.

In the ICS 4.0.1 Beta I installed on my ATV1000 the bottom menu is always there and takes about 40% of the screen. Anybody experiencing the same? What do you mean by SPI 2.3 above? Cheers.

Upvote 0
Hi all,

great thread with a lot of information. I am almost convinced that I will get a lot of fun with this device. I need to change my current tv box setup.

But I'm not able to find in this or other forums the response to this:

Can the AVT2000 or AVT4000 --->RECORD<--- the TV programs?

Thank you very much

Using the supplied dongle on an ATV 2000, I can timeshift record but I am not sure about clicking on an EPG listing and recording a future program. The EPG display is confusing

I cannot find any function that will allow to set a future time to record a TV program.

Upvote 0
Phone camera quality is poor so i take some pics.

I have updated the beta ICS 4.0 for few days, there are some issues for Flash, market, youtube app which do not work.

For video player, mx player app, there is too noise sound while I am watching the HD film.

Another thing, after upgrading ICS 4.0.1, I tried to connect XBox 360 gamepad in atv1000 usb, but It doesn't work. I heard that ICS has supported the gamepad usb . Anyone can help me for this ?

Upvote 0
Here is the file for 512RAM, download and unzip it.
http://www.geniatech.com/down-eng/spi_M3_512.bin.zip

I found a way to put a file into the chip spi_M3_512.bin
but I still have questions for the experts:
This file support v.2.2 ? i need file 512F .
This file support any version Android (2.2 ;2.3; etc.) ?
I first put the file SPI into the chip, after I must put the firmware (for example - update20111102.zip)on the sd card and upload to the device. right? or I missed something?

Thx.

Upvote 0
Just installed the ICS Beta - like the look of it but as mentioned in an earlier post the bottom menu took up too much of the screen and I've returned to version 2.3.5. I liked the fact that the ICS upgrade took all my settings & Apps so I didn't have to reload them (going back wasn't quite that easy!!) - I did hit a problem at one stage with ICS with various flashing colours across the whole screen when moving the pointer or clicking.
Once there's a stable version of ICS available I will upgrade.

Upvote 0
Just installed the ICS Beta - like the look of it but as mentioned in an earlier post the bottom menu took up too much of the screen and I've returned to version 2.3.5. I liked the fact that the ICS upgrade took all my settings & Apps so I didn't have to reload them (going back wasn't quite that easy!!) - I did hit a problem at one stage with ICS with various flashing colours across the whole screen when moving the pointer or clicking.
Once there's a stable version of ICS available I will upgrade.

Does anyone know if Flash and Netflix are now working with Android 4.0?

Upvote 0
Got a little further, it needs the framework and google sign in apk's.

I think it just needs the framework and possible build.prop edits but i cannot get the right one to install.

any news on the other guys guide etc, ics look very promising if it works as well as 2.3.4 then this player will be perfect for my needs.

The Browser is so much better for scrolling and speed, the look and feel is great just wish geniatech can make good on their promise and release a working version of ics...

I'm sure they will sell loads if they can pull that off...

Upvote 0
Hi All!
I bought a ATV3000-et, put into a 500G hard drive!
How do I access the windows network?
Which install torrents that can save to your hard drive?
All of the sd card you want!
I upgraded the system 2.3.6.

there should be an app called network, as long as you have shared the folders correctly they should show up after it searches.

the latest update works a treat with my media server running windows server 2008 streams perfectly, just waiting and hoping for ics goodness and its almost perfect, shame about the lack of spdif on the atv lower range...

Upvote 0
Hi guys..... Am tempted to purchase the ATV1000 model and have a few questions.

Currently using a Boxee Box but its getting quite limiting now. Also am used to Android devices so am ok at tinkering....

• Was wondering if this is capable of major mkv files, about 25GB in size?
  • Is the software the same across the range of set top boxes? I.e. atv2000, 3000, 4000? Just this thread is pretty long and I would need to go through it all to get up to date information and software....
  • My external hard drives are formatted to ntfs, does this box read ntfs? edit noticed it is NTFS READ ONLY.
  • Do you guys use the media player it comes with or a third party one, does that have hardware acceleration?
  • Does the software that comes with it organise the movies or can display media details of your movies and shows?
Thanks....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones