• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Geo-location data not being transmitted from Pixelpipe to Picasaweb

I am on a T-Mobile G1 w/ the latest firmware and Pixelpipe Pro.

When I upload via Pixelpipe to Picasaweb I have no problems with the photos getting there promptly but the location data is always missing. I set the camera and pixelpipe to both record the location data and I can see the GPS indicator running. The GPS itself works in other apps and I have tried both indoors and outside.

Is there anything I am missing?

EDIT: I did find a setting in Picasaweb for auto mapping photos that have the location data enabling that did not seem to make a difference.

That option you found in Picasaweb will only apply for photos uploaded after you changed the setting. See if it is working for new photos? I don't know of any way map photos for which that option was turned off when you uploaded it.

I agree - very annoying

Out of curiosity, why go through Pixelpipe to get to Picasa? If you just "share" and picture from an albumn, Picasa is one of the options.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones